The history of Community First Bank began in Reynoldsville at the turn of the century. The Bank was organized as: The First National Bank of Reynoldsville. The following article appeared in The Star, a local weekly newspaper, on April 26th, 1893.
First National Organized
The First National Bank, which has been talked about for a few weeks, was organized last Thursday evening, April 20th, and will be ready for business in from thirty to forty-five days. There is nothing definite yet as to the building in which the bank will be opened. There are rumors concerning it. A committee has been appointed to secure a room. The directors are: C. Mitchell, Scott McCelland, G.W. Fuller, Jos. B. Henderson, John Kaucher, J.C. King and Joseph Strass. Camdon Mitchell was elected President, John Kaucher, Cashier. We understand there are about forty stockholders.
The decision to erect a new bank building on the south-west corner of Main and Fourth Streets did not delay the opening of business. While the bank building was being constructed business was transacted in the Centennial Building, present site of the Reynoldsville Post Office. The Centennial Building, erected in 1876, actually housed the safe that was later moved to the new bank building. Banking business was transacted in the Centennial Building from May until October of 1893.
The completed bank was a two story cut stone and brick building that served as the principal office from 1893 until 1938.
This photograph shows the interior of the First National Bank of Reynoldsville in 1915. Pictured left to right: Assistant Cashier, E.E. Deible, Sr., President, John H. Kaucher, and Cashier, K.C. Schuckers. The interior was showcased with ornate brass railings and marble floors.
Main Street looking west, circa 1910. The First National Bank building, the City Hotel and the Deible Brothers Building (Hardware) are featured in the center of this photograph. Horse and buggies along with heavy wagons traveled the dirt streets of that era. The rails of the Jefferson Traction Company trolley can be seen in the center of the street.